Saturday, April 1, 2017

Why Write?

Unless you're a writer at heart, blogging is a pain.  It's not likely you're going to get rich, it can be hard to come up with content, and no one wants another "job" - at least I don't.  Yet, I'm back at this for the third time.  Why?

I do this to share and network.  I find it invaluable as a developer.  We have so much going on - tools and processes constantly change (Javascript... need I say more?), this is a really competitive industry, and most projects tend to be pretty demanding.  It's just really hard keeping up with everything.

"Social networking" (blogging, tweeting, Facebook posts, etc.), can help curate some of the information coming at us.  For example, a gentleman just reached out to me, this morning, about a CMS  platform his team is building.  I'm not in the market for a CMS, and I'm not even really a big fan of them, but he read one of my previous articles, and thought I might find it interesting.

It's not for me at the moment, but "my readers" are likely devs, with similar interests.  Some of you may be in the market for a CMS, and so I shall share this gentleman's product with you - Composr CMS.  Keep in mind that I've never used it, and only intend to try it the next time I need a CMS.  I'm not confirming that it's great, or terrible; it's just a platform that I've been recently discovered.  Let me know what you think, if you decide to give it a try.  Maybe it's a good alternative for all of you disgruntled Drupal users.  What a mess, right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment